Tuesday 6 October 2015

Update: Starting Week 3

Hello!

Today is my scheduled day off from uni - I think it's destined for work but as of yet I don't have much so I've been food shopping and ticking things off my to do list.

It had eight things on it and this blog post is the fourth one I'm ticking off, so I'm not doing too badly!

Now that I've had my first full week of 'proper' uni (not Welcome Week), I don't think I'll be using this blog as much for assignments and while I have my personal blog (SophieCountsClouds) to document what's going on in my life, I want to keep using this blog to practise a more formal style.

Though if I'm being honest, I think I'm writing the same but the voice in my head sounds more articulate and speaks properly.

My first week was brilliant - I got my first taste of lectures, I loved the introduction to audio and having a look at the photography department was mind blowing, I'm excited to use all the facilities.

Audio was definitely my favourite part of the week - we edited the footage we had when talking to the public in freshers week and made it into something comprehensible and succinct. I love editing, previously I'd only ever edited video but editing audio was more challenging and I love that - with video you obviously have that visual connection to what you're hearing but with audio it's just waves on a screen and I like the challenge of having to hear and pick out exactly when you want to cut and not cutting it so close that it sounds rushed and edited.

But what made our audio day even better was the two hours we had in the radio studios that afternoon - my two friends and I learnt about all the sliders and what computer does what and whilst it was at first daunting, when I got the hang of it, it was so much fun! Our tutors came in to the studio to listen to what we'd been recording (which had just been us chatting, Radio 1 style radio) and they told us we should try and get a show on the university radio!

I'm so excited, hopefully we're going to ask about getting involved in our next audio session on Thursday because I would love a radio show - I'm getting all giddy and excited just thinking about it!

Regarding this blog, I've really enjoyed writing this update on what's been going on in the past week so I might try and write something new every Tuesday on my day off! Alongside any assignments I get set, which hopefully will be more in the future.

I've just got all excited about blogging again!




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment