Saturday 10 December 2016

Week 11: Lead up to Last Deadlines!

This week has been a difficult one so let's just start with Monday - always a manic day with little breaks, but managed to get a fair amount of work done and get to dance on time and remember to eat at regular intervals. I'd call that a fairly successful day.

Tuesday was a Mettricks morning, went and did a couple of hours of work in there, finishing a log workbook and submitting my seventh assignment before going to uni for a meeting about being on a social media team for open days and it was really productive, so at least I've got that to look forward to in the New Year.

I then got an email from someone at Campus Society regarding the student blog I run 'The Student Seat' about working with them and promoting their social media so that was quite exciting. And then I went to a pointless lecture at 4pm that literally made me want to claw my own eyes out.

On Wednesday I didn't have News Day, so I was planning to go to the library and spend the whole day working and I didn't do that. But I did go to the library to get out a few books and I did some research work at home and not too much else, productivity has been minimal. This week I've really struggled with motivation which is annoying because I have two massive deadlines due next week and I really need to be productive.

By Thursday I'd given up on forcing productivity - I went with my flat for a group road trip to Asda to buy food for our Christmas party at the weekend and then a quick trip to KFC before uni, where I did very little and chatted about YouTube and mindless gossip for two hours before returning home to do some work and then go to work at the university cinema in the evening.

Friday was even more lax - I went Christmas shopping (got nearly all of it done and finished the rest by placing an Amazon order that evening!) and then it was evening and I did a tiny bit of work but not enough.

I did write a blog post that I was really pleased with and uploaded my favourite Vlogmas video so far, so there's that.

So today has been very work heavy - I've done a lot of research and I'm ready to start writing but for some reason, my brain just can't function productively at the moment - I tweeted earlier about feeling like I'm looking through frosted glass, I just can't focus on any of the words on my screen.

Which is really inconvenient because I've not written either of my features or started my essay yet but I still can't bring myself to do it and I've only got two days left.

Yes, it's okay - I hate myself too.

Next week will either be 'my assignments are done I'm so happy' or 'my assignments are done they were awful' and at this point it could still go either way.



Personal blog: sophiecountsclouds.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophiecountsclouds/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sophiecountsclouds
The Student Seat: https://thestudentseat.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment