Saturday 17 December 2016

Week 12: End of Semester 1!

Just a short one today I think because uni this week started and ended with Monday but I wanted to write a post none the less.

Monday was a struggle - I woke up very anxious because I knew how much I had to submit. But I went to my 11am lecture (mostly to do some work) and I was the only one there for a while but got the first draft of my features done, I then went to town for lunch with my boyfriend (time I could have spent working but I definitely needed that hour just to chill a little bit) and went back to seminar. I got some feedback on my features and finished the final draft and this is where the intense work regarding the essay that was also due that day began.

I wrote the whole thing in 8 hours and it was all very close, you can tell the exact point I gave up on citing things and just kept writing, my bibliography probably wasn't laid out right and it was barely proofread, but with it being submitted with one minute and forty three seconds before the deadline, I definitely didn't have time to do any of that!

And then my eighth and ninth assignments were submitted and semester one was finished!

I still went to meet my friend for a work session at 9am the next morning and got some blog planning done, then went into town with some friends, went to one of those trampoline room things, realised how unfit I am then went on a night out. Tuesday was a very busy day.

Wednesday and Thursday I chilled a lot, I barely left the flat and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm slowly catching up on Pokemon. Then on Friday I finally came home for the first time since my birthday in September - it involved a seven hour journey with a drive into London, a train from Gatwick to Kings Cross and another train from Kings Cross to Peterborough then a drive from Peterborough to home via the Chinese.

I'm home now for two weeks then about another week at my boyfriend's house, but I'm very excited for some time off and some real relaxation - it's been a long semester!

I don't go back to uni until the 23rd January, so I'll resume then with what I think is week 16 or 17. Have a good Christmas and see you in the New Year!




Personal blog: sophiecountsclouds.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophiecountsclouds/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sophiecountsclouds
The Student Seat: https://thestudentseat.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment