Friday 29 September 2017

Year 3: Week 1: Very Overwhelmed

And how am I starting my third year? I'm pretty sure I was chatting to my mum trying to come up with a name for this blog yesterday but here I am going into my third year.

I wasn't sure about documenting my third year because I struggled to keep up at the end of second year and I'm already very, very busy but I really want to properly finish my documentation - I'll try and fit it in!

An update: I've been elected as Marketing Manager and President of Sonar Film, Solent University's Cinema society showing blockbuster releases at a massively reduced rate. It takes a lot of organisation and prep and money and time but I'm trying desperately to fit it all in.

I'm behind on my bullet journal and I need to make a super long list of everything I need to do.

I've joined the drama and performance society properly this year and I'm so excited to perform and rehearse and sing and dance without the stress of the Cheer and Dance team (so glad I'm not a Raven this year).

So let's get into it day by day:

Monday is the day for my optional units - Digital Magazine Publishing and Advanced Photography. In week one this was mostly an introduction to the units and assessments - Digital Magazine Publishing involved us getting into groups and picking a topic to make a digital magazine about and advanced photography is learning more about photography.

I don't want to just detail what my assessments are but I'm excited to make a digital magazine with my friends about something we're all really passionate about and advanced photography I'm glad I'm finally getting to learn more about photography and taking better photos.

Tuesday was two of my compulsory units - our FMP unit was a 9am lecture to find out more about what we have to do over the course of the year and in the afternoon we had a two hour seminar which is our package unit. We make three multimedia stories, have to log our performance on news days and log our work experience.

With a 5 hour gap between this lecture and seminar, I had time to go do a shift at work but that will not be happening again I promise - next week there will be naps.

Wednesday was the quietest Wednesday I will have for the entire year - Wednesday's are News Days. This week we just had a sort of training day talking about the changes that are happening this year and a new program we'll be using that is confusing and I wasn't in the mood for, but it was a fairly early finish and I went home for a nap and then went trampolining in the evening.

Thursday was my day off uni, I thought I'd have a chance to make a list of all my assignments and deadlines and organise myself but I had work and I was too tired - and I had my last unit introduction on Friday so I wanted to wait for that too.

Friday was my third 9am of the week (4 next week, pray for me), the lecture was a big like a history lesson and I've had a stress headache all week so I couldn't really absorb any of it. Between lecture and seminar I had a meeting with my digital magazine group to work on our homework (I know, we actually got homework) and then back to seminar this afternoon.

From there I went to the office we have for Sonar Film to do some uni work then back to drama and performance rehearsal in the evening before a Saturday of having literally no plans - I do not plan to leave the house and I'm going to get so much work done.

The Sunday I was working and mentally preparing myself for another week of uni. This year is going to be long and stressful and busy but good year - I'm scared but almost looking forward to it being over.

I'm hoping this blog will help me keep on top of things and organise myself, but that hasn't worked particularly well in first or second year so we'll see how it goes.

Here's to my third and final year of university.





Snapchat: SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment