Tuesday 22 September 2015

New blog!


Hello!

First blog post, hello (again)! Well, it's not really my first blog post. I have a blog called SophieCountsClouds that I've had for a year and started a project which I'm now calling 'Pages 2015' - in summary, I blog every day. If you want a fuller explanation about my intentions that I wrote on Page 1, it's here.

The biggest thing you should know about me - I'm not above shameless self promotion, in fact, I'm quite good at it.

As this blog is for university and is (I think?) part of my course, or at least in aid of learning about blogging more formally, I feel like I need to talk about my writing style. I like to think it's quite informal and chatty with lots of 'sarcasm' that potentially makes it 'funny' but that's subject to opinion.

One of the things my lecturers said today was that the different between a blog and a formally written article is the inclusion of the writer's opinion.

So in my opinion, my writing's hilarious.

I've been writing for a long time - I started writing fanfiction of TV shows and books I liked in 2008 and fell in love with the art. As I grew as a writer, exploring characterisation and setting in the loan of previously design characters, I started writing more original fiction and in November 2012, with NaNoWriMo.com (a brilliant, brilliant company), I wrote a 50,000 word novel in six weeks.

I'm still proud and that book is like my baby - I'm so proud of it.

When I've got time, I'd love to rewrite it to lengthen it and update it I guess - my writing style has remained much the same but I'm three years older and I think the book deserves to get more mature as I do. 

Writing is a real passion of mine - the Pages 2015 project on my personal blog really sparked my love for blogging but I adore creative writing too.

So here's to learning all about writing better this year!




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment