Saturday 13 February 2016

Week 17: Week 2: Settling Into Semester 2

Hello!

I'm far more behind on these posts than I'd like to be but I'm trying to get back on track, so let's leap right into my second week back at uni! Just as I've finished my third week...

Monday was a slightly better lecture in that I'd not heard it before, but I can't say how good it was because I have no recollection of what it was about! I then went for an extortionately big breakfast before going back for my seminar that afternoon. I really need to keep up with writing these on time because I can't remember anything! I think it was about writing again (duh, it's my writing development seminar) but I really can't remember any details... which makes this post somewhat irrelevant... but I'll post it anyway!

Tuesday I do remember more clearly - I was almost excited for Law because last week was actually really interesting with Kristian but we had a different lecturer and he wasn't as good I don't think. He went through his presentation really fast, he wasn't as engaging and he was really patronising in the seminar that afternoon so I wasn't his biggest fan! Almost glad to be missing him as our tutorer this week (I'm so behind on these posts).

News Day Wednesday was actually really good - it was my first really productive, enjoyable News Day and it made me excited for the following News Day! My group had been out and got footage for two stories the previous weekend and I wrote copy for the two stories and the rest of my group were editing audio, video and pictures and we put together two really good stories!

I had to leave a bit early to pick up my sister from the train station but if you want to read the story I wrote the copy for and presented the interview for it and I'm actually really proud! And it's got a brilliant toy pun as a title! Toy Sales Rocket to Infinity and Beyond!

Thursday I spent with my sister while she was visiting - we tried to get into a photography studio but unfortunately they were all busy so that was an unsuccessful trip but after some food, we went into town for a little bit, made some dinner then went bowling in the evening! I know this isn't particularly relevant but bowling can be a fairly cheap, fun student activity - we're definitely going to be going again and if it weren't for Laura (my sister) we wouldn't even have considered it!

However on Friday I had to say goodbye to my sister and go back to uni - I went into video and we learnt about the audio side and using different kinds of microphones with they camera and then in theory we learnt about kinds of shot, what an OOV/ULAY is (just a really short news story to be honest) and something else which was clearly so memorable I've definitely not forgotten it.

Oops?

I definitely am behind on these posts but next week is a bit different and very exciting so I'll say in 'next weeks' post what I'm doing and hopefully update you all a bit. Thank you for sticking with me!

Here's to more assignments and a first year-run news story!

Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment