Wednesday 9 March 2016

Week 20: Week 5: Back to uni!

Hello!

It seems that I forget to write these posts and then I write four in a row, but in terms of looking back on it or helping someone else in the future, at least I'm writing it? Right?

Monday was my first day back at uni after my week at Channel 4 and I was in the brilliant position where I was sat alone in the lecture! Normally I find someone I know but that day I couldn't find anyone or maybe less people like me than I hoped (fingers crossed it's not the latter!) but I sat through the lecture on writing style in news and then went straight to the library.

To work on an assignment. That was due that night. That I hadn't started yet.

I'm not a bad human being I swear! With the busy weeks I had leading up to this deadline and the dance competition the weekend immediately following, I hadn't had a chance to even think about this assignment so three stressful hours in the library were had! Then I went to a seminar where the only notes I have are on appropriately referencing in the assignment I'd just been working on.

Tuesday was a bit of a relief because my 9am lecture was cancelled (I was so grateful for the extra time in bed!) and then I went to a really useful law seminar on codes of conduct. I say 'useful' because it was interesting and also it was just copying notes and that's my favourite kind of lecture because I can just type without thinking too hard!

I like Tuesday's because my whole day is finished by 2 and that makes me very happy.

Wednesday wasn't as bad as last semester - I used to dread news days and now the only thing I worry about is whether I'll be on a good story! This week I was - I got to write about the upcoming Brit awards (they were that night!) and whilst I forgot my purse, my lovely boyfriend bought me lunch so I wouldn't starve. By the time I got back from lunch the story had been uploaded and there was nothing more for me to do, so another early (ish) day!

Thursday was my day off but it didn't feel like one because I didn't really get to lie in - my boyfriend started uni at 9 and when he left I was really awake so I went a tidied my room a little bit and then met him and our friends in town to go for lunch and do a few jobs that we all had to do. It ended up being a fairly long day and it definitely didn't feel like I used my day off to its full potential! Well, not in the way it's meant to be used anyway.

Friday led to my first session in video having missed two weeks of teaching, both of those being our lessons in editing using Final Cut Pro... I was a bit behind and struggling! Alongside that, I had to plan two video assignments, figure out how on Earth I was going to teach myself to edit on a program I wasn't familiar with and everything was a bit overwhelming! The stress is real and lasting, which definitely didn't help in trying to keep up all my blogs!

But now (in real life, a few weeks on from Week 20!), everything is starting to sort itself out a little and the looming Easter holidays is more than a welcome relief! Two weeks off - yes please!

For now though, going to try and stay busy and get as much uni work as I can before I go home for Easter!




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment