Wednesday 16 March 2016

Week 21: Week 6: Exhausted

Hello!

Still a couple of weeks behind but let's catch up with the week commencing February 22nd! 

After a week at Channel 4, a dance comp weekend, a week back at uni and then a day in my boyfriends home town, I wasn't really ready for another super early morning dance comp. We left at 5am to drive to London, got lost, ended up running into the arena with 8 minutes - eight minutes - to get changed and get onto the mat to perform and then everything was done by half past 8. 

Right?

Then we didn't leave the arena till about 7 or 8 in the evening, got home about 10 or 11? It was a painfully long day and I was completely exhausted and not ready for the oncoming week (an attitude I stick by two weeks later when writing this!).

So I missed my 9am lecture the next day. I felt horrifically guilty, especially considering I've never missed a lecture before and I was already beginning to feel a cold coming on. Not a good start to the week!

But I pulled myself together a little bit and went in for my seminar, where we were looking at writing features and I ended up analysing the language used in The Sun and writing a story in the same style - somewhat exciting!

Tuesday... I missed another 9am lecture... however I have a better excuse reason this time! There were 3 fire alarms last night - quarter to 2, 3am and 5am. No. I don't want this (it's beyond the point that there were a further two later that day!). But again, I went into the seminar, got patronised by the law lecturer I don't like and then went home. I went to the pub with my friends that night and that's when I knew I was ill because I just turned and needed to go home early.

But I braved it and went to my 9am Wednesday - News Day! I've enjoyed News Days a lot more this semester and I did have an assignment to do today so I was running around getting video for a World Book Day story whilst also thinking about writing some of the copy for a story on the 80th Anniversary of the Spitfire! Two very different stories but felt good to be so productive in one day and be the last first years in the news room! Latest I've stayed so far.

I went home and crashed that day because I was not feeling well at all.

Thursday was meant to be my day off but what I did was go into town, still feeling very ill and we spent hours in town - browsing and doing jobs and I was no having a good time of life!

But I was determined to make up for my poor attendance at the beginning of the week! Despite being ill and bunged up and feeling very foggy, I braved it and went into video, to learn about filming and editing interviews and to be patronised by another lecturer about how ill I felt without being sent home. Just told that I shouldn't go anywhere near her in case I infect her! Definitely made me feel better. I did go home and collapse for the weekend.

I ended up having a really busy weekend but hey, what's uni without a few completely exhausted, ill weeks right? Right?!

Almost up to date now! Sorry for the many delays on this blog, hoping to make a more regular schedule after the Easter holidays!




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment