Saturday 12 November 2016

Week 7: running out of steam

This week has been a long one, it feels like months since I wrote one of these posts when it's only been seven days. So let's go back to Monday.

We have a new lecturer for our Concept to Commission lecture and seminar and he didn't use a PowerPoint for the lecture, which make a Monday morning after a week off much more difficult to concentrate on. I actually did quite enjoy the seminar - we were given a sheet with a bunch of information on it and we had to write a 500 word feature in two hours in between chatting to our lecturer about our assignment due at the end of the semester. It wasn't particularly useful but I enjoyed in none the less.

In Producing the Package we got our results from our first package hand ins back - I wasn't massively overwhelmed with a high 2:2, but I know exactly what areas to work on to pull the grade up in the next package and I've already got the go ahead for my next package idea.

On Tuesday morning I went to my favourite cafe Mettricks to sit and do some work with a hot chocolate. I then went to Spoons with some friends, went and tried to book a tattoo and then started a discussion with the tattoo parlour on Facebook to try redesigning it. I then went to HMV to pre-order Busted's new album Night Driver and get a ticket to the signing they're doing at the HMV in Southampton. I'm going to meet Busted and it's going to be a childhood dream come try. Then I did some work at home, went to a really shit lecture, went to dance and then came home and sat on the sofa for a really long time.

Wednesday was another Newsday and this week I was on the TV bulletin team - I had to write the script and present for the 5 minute long TV bulletin at 5pm so it was a really long day but really satisfactory - I had an awesome team and it was so much fun to work with them.

If you want to watch my bulletin, you can do so here: 



On Thursday I had a slightly later start because I no longer have InDesign sessions as that assignment has been handed in. So I went to Who's The Boss at 1pm, luckily we didn't have to have a debate because not many people were there and our assignment hand in is less than a week away (not that our lecturer didn't try). So I worked with my partner really well on our PowerPoint presentation - it worked really well that both of us were in the right place and on the same page about what we wanted to do because we made massive progress.

And Friday was my much needed day off, not that I took it - I met my partner about midday and we worked for about five hours putting together both the PowerPoint and the script and we're nearly at a point where we can hand in the PowerPoint on Monday.

On Friday evening I was given a complimentary ticket to see the World Premiere of Wind In The Willows at Mayflower theatre (post to go up on SophieCountsClouds tomorrow!) and it was amazing - seeing 'press' printed on the ticket is something that made me inexplicably happy and is something I'd love to do again!

This morning, on wonderful Saturday, I had another lie in and went into town for an Asda trip, I came back to make a bunch of lists of stuff I need to get done and then I spent the evening being an actor and helping my friend film her documentary for her course. Having got back at ten, my boyfriend and I have just ordered take out because we're too tired to cook dinner!

Tomorrow I'm getting my fourth tattoo (and I'm so excited) and then going to meet my partner to finish off our presentation for next week and then I'm going to have a really chilled evening and finish catching up on Flash Season 3.

This week's been jam packed and I'm running out of energy for sure - I need just a little bit of time off and I keep saying 'after this deadline' and 'after this hand in' but each of my assignments are due in less than two weeks after each other, which makes it a little bit more difficult to find 'down time' and chill out.

But I'll manage it. Somehow. Or if not; I'll blog about it.




Personal blog: sophiecountsclouds.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophiecountsclouds/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sophiecountsclouds
The Student Seat: https://thestudentseat.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment