Saturday 29 October 2016

Week 6: Enrichment Week

Hello!

This week has been enrichment week, which means I have a week off uni that I'm using to catch up and get a little bit ahead but also to chill out and not work at 100%. Not being at uni might be an excuse to take a week off from updating this but I've still been doing some stuff and technically it is Week 6, so I thought I'd talk about it anyway!

Monday was still kind of uni-heavy because my workbook deadline was that night, but it was all fairly chilled - I worked in the morning, we went to Asda, I uploaded it about half past eight which was a little bit later than I anticipated but I was actually really pleased with the final product (hence why I included it in my October Favourites post on Sophie Counts Clouds!). If I'd started earlier I definitely could have been more creative and perhaps made it longer, but a 41 page workbook submitted makes me all done!

Tuesday was a super productive day for me - I made a list of things I'd like to accomplish this week, I made a daily list of what I wanted to achieve on each day and I got everything on my Tuesday list by 1pm, good day! I tried to dye my hair but by bleaching it I got rid of the black and green in my hair and brought back the blue in my hair, but that got sorted later in the week (the convenience of writing on a Saturday about the past).

It seems that a productive day is always followed by a flop day - Wednesday I slept in too late, I bleached my hair again, tried to put pastel purple on my hair and apparently it's not pastel purple but pastel blue. It upset me more than I thought it would, but I'm going to try and get rid of the colour without putting more bleach in my hair and then add the purple in maybe in a few weeks.

Thursday was a new day and another productive one! I did the washing up, I cleaned out my wardrobe, I did my hair and make-up (I actually did my make-up, it's a miracle), I thought of another package idea for my next Producing the Package deadline, I did a few uni bits and bobs and got the result from my presentation and workbook.

I got a first, like a really good first. I was so pleased that all my work had paid off and I really hope I can maintain this throughout the year and keep up that level of grade but I can't imagine I'll get a first on every assignment. Either way, I'm very happy. So many happy.

Friday was where the 'chill' part started - my mum and my sister came to visit and I had a lie in, went into town and bought the Krispie Kreme doughnuts they requested, showed them the flat I'm living in this year and then we went to Asda and I stocked up on a lot of food and spent far too much of my mothers money and I'm very, very grateful. Shoutout to mum because you're the best ever. After that, we tetris-fit everything in the fridge, I had a nap then got changed and went for an anniversary meal with my boyfriend. We've been together for a whole year now, it's fab! I also wrote another blog post. Just to finish the night off y'know.

Saturday was our actual anniversary but he was working at a TEDx event from 8am-8pm, but we had Chinese this evening and it's all very chill and really nice. But for the rest of the day! I went into town about 11am, I mooched around with my sister and my mum, my sister went and got her nose pierced, we had McDonalds for lunch (I was so happy), we then went to my favourite cafe to show them where I go to work sometimes, we went back to the hotel and had a drink and then I showed my mum how to use InDesign. When the boys got back, we got out Chinese and had a good time.

The plan for tomorrow is to go see my family before they leave, go to the gym and then do lots and lots of works in the afternoon!

It's been a lovely week off, but it'll be nice to get back to uni on Monday.




Personal blog: sophiecountsclouds.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sophiecountsclouds/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sophiecountsclouds
The Student Seat: https://thestudentseat.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment