Tuesday 13 October 2015

Week 4

credit: James Griffin

Hello!

I'm trying to make this 'Tuesday blogging' thing a thing - two weeks consecutively isn't a bad start!

This week is Week 3 of uni, officially but including freshers week it's my fourth week living in Southampton. The highlight of last week academically was definitely photography - I got to use a Canon 700D and get into the studio with my friends and learn about changing settings and setting up light boxes. Today my photography tutor put on Facebook that he had a spare hot shoe adapter (the little clip thing that goes on top of the camera to connect the lights; real, technical definitions with Sophie) and I nabbed it first, which is always a highlight. Cheap tech!

I then rented the 700D for the weekend and used it to film this weeks YouTube video which was probably the best quality video I've ever filmed. My editing software refused to let me save it in it's full quality, but it looked great pre-upload I promise. You be the judge!



This week looks like it's going to be interesting - I have my first live news day tomorrow (despite my throat feeling really sore tonight) and I could potentially (hopefully) be getting a radio show in the next couple of weeks!

Outside university, in all honesty the last week has been tough - it really hit me how far away I am from home and that this is the beginning of three years of education. That's a really long time and I'm trying my best to cope.

Check my personal blog for any potential break downs!

I like having this blog to look back at my week academically and document my university course. That sounds so lame, but I'm enjoying it. And I think my mum is too!

With going home this weekend, I think next weeks post will be interesting. 




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment