Tuesday 20 October 2015

Week 5

Hello! 

This week in particular has been more eventful than most - last Wednesday I had my first live News Day, Thursday saw me conducting my first interview and Friday I was doing a photo shoot! The best part was that I also had my first trip home since I started uni.

News Day was interesting to say the least - once I was given a story and had something to do it was fun and I even got an assignment story out of it but it was also quite unorganised. As the first live News Day, the third years (as the editors) must have felt as new as we did and obviously I'm not pointing fingers or criticising - everyone's got to learn how to do their new jobs this year and it definitely leaves a lot of room for News Days to get better. But I enjoyed the story I worked on (you can read it here, I took the photos) and by talking to the charity shop manager I found another story that I can use for my assignment so overall, a productive day.

On Thursday morning, we were given a press release, told to make a list of questions and then we were given five minutes to interview the subject of the press release as she was sat in the next room. Talking to strangers is one of my weaker points so I was terrified but I put on this persona of someone who was confident and knew what they were doing and listening back to it, it actually went okay! And the editing is my favourite part - editing my croaky, freshers flu voice wasn't as fun though.

And then Friday was the day I'd been waiting for all week - I was going home! But I had photography first. This week we learnt more about lighting and balancing lighting and making the most of using one light over two - it's all very interesting and I love having the studio time. My group were done over an hour early and our tutor said we'd done well so we all got to leave early. I dropped my uni stuff in my room and walked to the train station for the long three and a half hour journey home.

My weekend at home was wonderful but short - I wrote about it on my personal blog - my dad has booked a few days in Southampton to come visit me and I'm really pleased. We're going to go over to Portsmouth to see the Mary Rose and spend the best part of three days together - I'm really excited.

This week looks set to be just as busy as last week, so Week 6 could be interesting!




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment