Tuesday 27 October 2015

Week 6

Hello!

The past week has been mostly uneventful, but I'm going to write about it until I find something vaguely interesting. Or, if in doubt, I'll make something sound more interesting than it actually was.

Last Wednesday was another planning session for a live News Day this week - I was given a story about a pier but as a mobile journalist (I'm going to say social media correspondent because that sounds far more important) I just had to take photos of the other people in our group getting the story. It was actually quite nice because I didn't have to take DSLR photos, just iPhone photos. I like the sound of working in social media because I'm very good at updating Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. I'm really good at Snapchat. Mostly just Snapchatting my friends while they're unaware. It's brilliant.

On Thursday I had audio - in the morning we had our edited interviews from the week before played to the whole class and then we started planning for our audio assignment (which will be submitted by the time I write week 7) and our other assignment tasks. 

That afternoon, our tutor said he hadn't got anything planned for us so we didn't have to go into our radio session if we didn't want to.

But that means there was a lot of empty radio studios. So I went and spent an hour and a half playing in the studios on my own, recording a few podcast-like things and just getting comfortable being in the studio on my own. It was going really well until that night when I accidentally deleted all the files by trying to be organised.

On Friday I had photography and we started learning about Photoshop and editing photos and we printed out our edited photos and we had to vote on which photos we thought best represented the person and I got the most votes. I was actually quite pleased, because the votes were pretty evenly spread. I still love photography, there's no element of the course that I dislike yet.

Apart from grammar lectures. My notes literally consist of me moaning about how much I hate the lecturer and how I already know everything that's being taught. For example, I was rereading my notes today and at one point he asked us where the apostrophe in 'don't' goes. Imagine me flailing angrily.

And that's been my week! The highlight was definitely having time in the radio studio on my own, but today I got to spend two hours in the rain to get some photos for News Day, but I wrote about that on my personal blog, where I also wrote my 300th consecutive blog post! It's actually my 308th post, but it's my 300th consecutive blog post in my blog-everyday-for-a-year-project and I think that's more exciting.

Looking forward to this next week, especially with my Dad coming to visit and spending more time with friends. Everything's settling down now and I'm starting to feel a little bit like I live in Southampton, rather than just staying here.

I can't wait to look back on this blog and see how much everything has changed.




Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment