Tuesday 1 December 2015

Actual Week 10: Post News Week

Hello!

This week I greet you totally exhausted - last Tuesday I told you about our first News Day and I regret to inform you that on Wednesday I was sat around for seven hours without being given a story or any sort of job to do. I got quite a bit of photography work done and I was somewhat productive but definitely not News Day productive.

I was meant to be in the photography studio that night but I was far too tired and I had a dance class to go to halfway through the session anyway so I skipped the studio that night.

On Thursday, in audio, we were given another script to write in a short amount of time. I like writing (if you couldn't tell from my running of three blogs) so getting a story together in the right format and presented for radio in under an hour and a half isn't too much of a challenge for me and I even got to go a little bit early. That afternoon we were meant to be performing our scripts and writing our show reels but we didn't get round to it in the end.

On Friday I was helping my boyfriend film something for his course - I had to stand in the park on a cold morning and talk about why certain Christmas songs were bad. Not all of them were bad and whilst I wasn't a big fan of the early morning, I'm comfortable on camera and having a boom mic held over my head was actually really interesting as it's something I've never done before.

In photography that afternoon, two of us went straight into the studio to get more of our assignment photos done. After about an hour, I was told that my photos didn't fit the brief and I'd have to start again but I think I know how I'm going to rectify it now. Hopefully that is!

Friday night I travelled for about three and a half hours - through London traffic - to get back home for the weekend. It was nice to see my friends and family and the Christmas light switch on in town and lovely to share it with my boyfriend who's never seen my little corner of the world before.

But it meant that Sunday night was a busy four and a half hours to get back to Southampton for a Monday morning lecture!

However, Monday morning's lecture was actually quite interesting - it was about social media and making the most of it as a journalist. We were told that Facebook is way more valuable that we'd expect and most publications get 90% of their views from Facebook sharing. 

So with that in mind I set up a Facebook page to share my YouTube videos and blog posts - it's got the same username as my blog and channel but if you're interested in my blog, my YouTube or me at all, it would mean a lot if you could give it a like and share it around! SophieCountsClouds

And today is my first day off in what feels like years - I had a lie in, I've done some Christmas shopping, even filmed a YouTube video to celebrate two years to the day since I uploaded my first video but I've had a day to myself and I've needed it more than anything.

I'm not in uni again till Thursday and it's so close to Christmas, that I'm hoping these next two weeks are going to fly by.



Personal blog: http://sophiecountsclouds.blogspot.co.uk/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SophieCountsClouds
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SophieALuckett

No comments:

Post a Comment